Thursday, September 30, 2010

Pumpkin alfredo pasta

I don't have a picture of the final product because I ate it too quickly, it was that good, so I will link you to the recipe on Manifest Vegan.  Seriously, it is that....freaking.....good.  It's like eating pumpkin pie pasta.  I loved it.  Dimitri loved it.  Paulo loved it.  Rene?  Well he thinks pumpkin should only be in a pie, but he ate it.  It is also very simple and quick to make, which is a huge plus on a weeknight.

Here's the scoop:

Cook your favorite pasta, I used GF rice spirals.
Combine, in a food processor, the following:
  • a 12 oz package of extra firm silken tofu
  • 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
  • 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
  • 1/4 cup ground flax
  • 1/2-1 teaspoon sea salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Drain the pasta, drizzle olive oil on it, add the sauce and mix well until you get your right sauce to pasta ratio and eat...and then wish you had made an extra box of pasta.

The author recommends adding pecans on top, I didn't have any pecans so I used walnuts, they were a lovely addition.

So go, what are you waiting for?!  Make this dish now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you!