Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Oatmeal raisin muffin


My oven has been getting a work out these past couple of weeks!  I have a freezer full of mini muffins and sandwich buns for Paulo.  I wanted something that made me feel fall-ish though so yesterday I baked these oatmeal raisin muffins.  As a bonus, they are oil free, of course diary and egg free.  I used oat flour, and for the sake of disclosure, I did not buy the certified gluten free oat flour-I'm walking on the wild side I suppose.  I bought the oat flour from Bob's Red Mill, so there was a cross contamination risk.  I thought about that after I was done baking them.  If however you are concerned about gluten contamination then by all means spring for the certified gluten free oat flour, I've seen in-at roughly triple the price. 

  • 1/3 Cup each of sorghum, brown rice and oat flours
  • 1/4 Cup each of tapioca and potato starch
  • 1/2 Cup oats
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
  • 1 tablespoon ground flax
  • 1/3 Cup raisins
  • 1  teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
Mix dry ingredients together in a large bowl and set aside.

  • 1/2 Cup honey
  • 1/2 Cup applesauce
  • 1 Cup vanilla rice milk
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix wet ingredients together in a small bowl and add to the dry ingredients, stirring well to combine.  Fill your muffin tins 1/2 way full and bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.  Allow to cool in the pan then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you!