In an effort to avoid cans and BPA lining I cooked my black eyed peas in my pressure cooker for about 25 minutes-at full steam. To be honest I think that was too much time, next time I'll go shorter, maybe 18 minutes or so and then release the steam to check them.
Black Eyed Pea Salad
Down Home with the Neelys
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 1/2 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno, finely chopped (I removed most of the seeds)
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions (omitted because I forgot to buy them)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (15 oz) cans black eyed peas, drained (used about 2 1/2 cups of uncooked black eyed peas)
In a separate small bowl, whisk together the vinegar through the salt and pepper.
Toss all together and marinate up to 8 hours in the refrigerator (mine marinated over night).
Stir before serving and hope you get lucky!