Thursday, January 6, 2011

Sauteed spicy kale


2010, the year I met, and fell in love with, kale.  I really had no idea I would love it as much as I do!  I love it in my green juices, I love it baked, blended and sauteed.  Here we have a spicy kale saute.  I added a little serrano chile for a hint of heat.

One bunch of kale, cleaned, deribbed and sliced thin
1/4 onion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 serrano chile, deseeded (or partially deseeded as the taste buds may be)
cilantro
the juice of one lemon
olive oil
sea salt

Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the onion and the serrano, cook until softened and translucent, add the garlic and continue to saute for a minute.  Add the kale to the pan, wet, and stir well, season with sea salt and cover with a lid.  Remove lid and stir after a few minutes, squeeze the lemon juice into the pan and mix well.  Serve hot.

2 comments:

  1. Kale is the BEST green. I love it so much I might marry it. So meaty almost. I put it is soups, stir fries, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I surprised myself frankly with how much I enjoy it, I really want to get my hands on a dehydrator and use that to make kale chips. I like the way they turn out in the oven though, but I'm curious about dehydrating them plus I want to make my own fruit leather for the boys.

    ReplyDelete

Input? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you!