This dish met two of my New Year's resolutions, to make soup and to use what I buy. I had an assortment of potatoes in my pantry and I didn't want them to go to waste so I decided I would experiment with a creamy roasted potato soup.
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- assorted fingerling potatoes, scrubbed and diced
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 cups plain rice milk
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup coconut cream (chill a can of coconut milk in the refrigerator then open and scoop out the cream that separates to the top)
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Lay the above on a roasting pan, drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt. Roast at 350 F until soft. Transfer to a large pot and add the rice milk and 1 cup of the broth. Bring to a simmer and blend with an immersion blender until smooth. Add in the remaining cup of broth and the coconut cream and season with salt and pepper. Serve with a spinach salad.