Friday, October 15, 2010

Pumpkin oatmeal pancakes



In the spirit of love for all things Fall I made pumpkin pancakes last weekend.  I wanted them to be extra hearty so I added uncooked oatmeal.  They were delicious, moist, flavorful, I was very happy with the end result.  Particularly tasty with some real maple syrup drizzled on top!

It was a variation of this recipe that I posted here with a few minor modifications to turn them into a fluffy taste of Fall.

2 cups vanilla rice milk
3/4 cup pumpkin puree
1/2 cup uncooked oatmeal
1 1/2 cup GF flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Mix the dry ingredients together, stir in milk, pumpkin and vanilla and cook as usual.  Serve warm with real maple syrup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you!