Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Spicy raw carrot soup


Natalia Rose's book, Detox for Women, has some amazing raw soup recipes.  One of them is a carrot soup that is flavored with curry powder.  While I enjoyed that one I wanted one with a little more heat

It's been really hot here in the Northwest (FINALLY!) and last night I wanted a spicy, cold soup to go with dinner.  My family is new to the whole cold soup thing, but they seemed to enjoy it.

Spicy raw carrot soup
20 ounces freshly juiced carrot
1" ginger, processed through the juicer
1 avocado
1/2 serrano chile-seeds removed if you wish
2 cloves garlic

Add all of the above to a high power blender and blend until smooth.  Chill or serve immediately.  This made enough for three small portions last night and quite a bit of leftovers for my lunch today.   It is light, tasty and has just enough spice to make things interesting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Input? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you!