Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Shredded chicken tacos with spicy coleslaw

Last night I needed a quick and easy dinner, one I could get on the table in about 30 minutes.  Sometimes I like to linger at the stove, but last night, last night Wipe Out was on and I wanted to get done with dinner so I could watch, and laugh, with my little boy!

Start a pot of salted water with chicken breasts to boil.  When it's done, transfer the meat to a bowl and shred it with two forks.  Add garlic powder, cumin and black pepper to the meat and moisten with a ladle full of the water from the pot.  Set aside.

For the cole slaw, shred 1/4 of a red cabbage.  Add to that marinated, jalapeno peppers, I used about 7 of them, finely diced.  A spoonful of Veganaise, a squirt of lemon and sea salt to taste and it's done.

Heat the corn tortillas.  Top the shredded chicken with the coleslaw, serve with a side of refried black beans and jicama, cucumber and tomato salad.  Light, refreshing, and, most important, quick from the stove to the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you!