Friday, April 22, 2011

Sweet potato and green pea curry


I keep revisiting curries in the hope that my son and husband will grow to love them as much as I do.  I've yet to find the magic recipe that makes them both go Mmmm!  So if you have a tried and true curry, please tell me what it is!!  This one turned out a little too thick for my preferences but I enjoyed the flavors and textures and was a quick, easy, weeknight meatless meal.

In the meantime we dined on sweet potato and green pea curry last week.

1 sweet potato, scrubbed, peeled and diced
1 cup green pea, frozen is fine
Mushrooms, assorted types, diced
1/4 red onion, finely diced
1 can of coconut milk
1 1/2 teaspoons Thai Kitchen red curry paste
sea salt to taste
Cilantro
Raw cashews
Rice, cooked
Olive oil

Heat olive oil in a pan and add the onions, saute until soft, add the mushroom and potato to the pan.  Add in the red curry paste and coconut milk, simmer until warm and the potato is soft.  Add the green peas and cook until heated through.  Taste and adjust seasonings if needed. 

Serve over rice, we used a combination of brown and black rice, top with cilantro and cashews.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Input? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you!