Friday, April 15, 2011

Spicy cashew cream


Oh I heart cashews!  Big puffy heart as some of my darling friends would say.  Alas with braces the actual crunching of cashews is forbidden.  Enter...cashew cream! 

The culinary goddess that is Susan Powers over at Rawmazing posted a delightful looking salad topped with a Cayenne cashew cream, I knew I had to try it.  As an added bonus, I already had everything I needed on hand, love it when that happens!

To see the full recipe and drool a little over her photography click here.

Lime Cayenne Sauce

Lime Cayenne Sauce
  • 1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight, drained and rinsed
  • 3 tablespoons olive oil
  • 3 tablespoons water
  • 1 tablespoon agave or raw honey
  • 1/2 lime, juice from (I used a lemon)
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • Himalayan salt and pepper to taste (I used the sea salt I keep on hand)
1. Place all ingredients in high speed blender. Blend until smooth

Not only is this a delightful topping to a salad it is also a fabulous raw veggie dip and as a sandwich spread.  The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you!