I wanted a quick and easy sauce last night that would utilize the jar of roasted red peppers I had languishing in my pantry. My boys both love red peppers, Rene is not a huge fan. So, to try to lessen the red pepper-i-ness I also used tomato in the sauce.
Into the blender add the following:
- Block of tofu, firm
- 1/2 jar of roasted red peppers
- 1 cup tomato sauce, I used a bottled plain tomato, you could also use fresh if you want a chunkier sauce
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- Minced garlic, 1-2 teaspoons depending on preference
- Balsamic vinegar, 1-2 tablespoons
- Olive oil, 1 teaspoon
- Sea salt to taste
Cook the pasta according to directions and coat with the sauce, rewarm if needed. Top with thinly sliced red onion and fresh basil.