Thursday, March 24, 2011

Coconut curry tofu


Friday was left over night, I will admit I thought seriously about dialing for a pizza but I refrained.  There's only so much GF pizza I can stand!  Plus whenever we order it's double the cost because they want meat and I want veg!  Meat and I are taking an extended break, it's not me...it's, well, it.  It just doesn't sit well in my body.  Instead of picking up the phone I picked up a pan.  I had a lot of veggies that needed to get eaten, one of my resolutions being to not waste food, I had three different kinds of left over already cooked rice, plus I already had a can of coconut milk in the fridge, I'd needed the cream for my Irish Soda Bread so I figured, some sort of curry would be in order.   

Into the pan goes the coconut milk with 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 1 tablespoon Thai Kitchen Red Curry Paste along with 1 cup of water. 

Bring that to a boil and reduce the heat, add the veggies, this works with whatever you have on hand, that's the beauty of it.  I added the last of my carrots, a head of cauliflower and asparagus.  Simmer until the veggies are soft.  Here's where mine got complicated by an extra step.  Into one sauce pan went 1/2 the liquid and veggies.  Into that pan I added left over cooked chicken, and into the remainder of the sauce and veggies I added cubed tofu, simmer until warmed through.  (You might be able to skip that step if you have a unified household instead of a carni/vegi split like me!)  Warm up your cooked rice (or cook fresh if you have to but then it's not as quick and easy!) and top the rice with a generous portion of the curry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you!