Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Poached eggs over vegetables


My plan was something entirely different when I walked into the kitchen Monday night.  I had scheduled for a creamy sundried tomato pasta dish but I had some potatoes and previously cooked broccolli and green beans that needed to be used.  As I was boiling the water for the pasta I realized that's way too much carb!  So, plan B was born.

3-4 red or white potatoes
1/2 head steamed broccoli
1/2-1 cup steamed chopped green beans
2 cloves garlic, minced
eggs for poaching
Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
olive oil
sea salt
vegetable broth, low sodium
bread crumbs
1 tablespoon butter, melted

Bring water in a large pan to boil.  Heat the olive oil in a oven safe pan.  Add the potatoes and saute until crisping.  Drizzle in some vegetable broth to soften the spuds and prevent sticking.  Add in the broccoli and green beans, saute until the potatoes are done.  Sprinkle with the minced garlic, season with salt, mix well.  Sprinkle with the bread crumbs and drizzle with the melted butter.  Place in the oven under the broiler to brown. 

Poach eggs in the boiling water.

Serve the vegetables with poached eggs and top with a few slices of cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you!