Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Just for giggles

I hosted a 1960's theme fundraising dinner for my son's school last weekend.  It was a blast!







It was complete with vintage dresses, martinis, candy cigarettes and.....

Lime green jello mold, baby!  I must confess, in all my 37 years I have never actually made a jello mold before.  Oh I'm sure I've consumed some jello mold but I've never made one before.  I must also confess this will be my last jello mold.  Alas, I have lost my taste for sugar and this bad boy was really sweet!

Still I thought it would be fun to share the recipe, and the sugar rush.  And yes, my jello does match my dress and no I didn't mean to do that!  I bought the jello with little to no thought to my dress that I'd snagged at an awesome little antique store in Multnomah Village only days before my party. 

So, if you're ever consumed by a burning desire to twist, shout and dance the night away 60's style and need some sugar to keep the party rolling, find yourself a bundt pan (I had to borrow one!) and whip this bad boy up:

Jello and Fruit Salad Ring
2 cups boiling water
1 large box lime Jell-O
1 (8 ounce) package softened cream cheese
1 (15 ounce) can fruit cocktail, drained
1 (4½ ounce) container Cool Whip
DIRECTIONS
Put Jell-O and soft cream cheese in large bowl. Add ½ cup boiling water and stir until dissolved. Add remaining water and mix well with mixer on low speed. Refrigerate until firm around the edge of the bowl (about 1 hour). Remove from refrigerator and beat with mixer on low speed until lightly mixed. Fold in Cool Whip and drained fruit cocktail. Pour into a non-stick bundt cake pan and let set in refrigerator for several hours or overnight (a non-stick square pan works well, too). Turn out onto a festive plate, slice and serve.

Recipe courtesty of AMC's Mad Men Party Guide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Input? Feedback? I'd love to hear from you!